Tuesday, January 4, 2011

15 Month Appointment

Yesterday Marshall had his 15 month appointment. I can't believe I'm typing that! 15 months!!! We started out the appointment with him running up to his nurse. It was so cute and she loved it of course, because most little ones remember that she is the more who gives them the shots. He weighed 24lbs 11oz (53 percentile), measured 32 inches (78 percentile), and had a head circumference of 47 cm (45 percentile). He is getting so big. I just want him to stop growing so fast, but I know that he won't.

The doctor said everything looked great! She told us to stop giving him his night time bottle and make him drink milk out of his sippy cup. We are supposed to take away water until he gets used to having milk in the sippy cup. We will see how that goes. We are also supposed to let him learn how to use a spoon and fork. This just seems crazy to me! I am imagining the messes this is going to create. But the doctor wants him to be pretty good at it by the next appointment so we will give it a go. The doctor also said to work on body parts and animal noises. This will be a fun thing to try and teach him! I love to watch him learn new things.

Marshall also had to get two shots :( He did pretty good with them. He only cried for a minute or so. He is such a tough little guy. We treated him to some pancakes afterwards!

He was greeting Daddy at the back door from taking down the Christmas lights.

No comments: