Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Alice's Birth!

On Monday, Jared and I went to the hospital at 4pm to get induced! I was more than ready to get that baby out. It was around 5 by the time I got an IV in and was given the medicine to get things moving. At about 9pm the nurse checked to see if I had made any progress but I was still only at 2cm so I was given another dose of the medicine. I then started to feel the contractions. They weren't regularly timed but they kept getting stronger and stronger. Around 10:30 or so they started to get pretty painful but I was still only 3cm so I thought it was early to get an epidural. The nurse checked me at midnight and I was about 4cm but my contractions were still irregular. So the doctor decided to break my water to get things moving better and so I could get an epidural.

I was so glad that I could get an epidural! The pain was getting pretty intense. I was nervous about getting it but with Marshall it was quick and easy so I wasn't that worried. This time that was not the case! The doctor had a heck of a time with it. I don't know what the problem was but it took at least 4 times maybe more! I was terrified the whole time! I couldn't move and the contractions hurt and the needle in my back didn't help! So after it was finally done I had to wait for it to kick in. Well this started to happen (slowly). But it didn't get enough time because all of the sudden the pain got so intense that I just had to scream! The nurse checked me and I was at 8cm! So they called the doctor (who just went home). Then maybe 15 minutes later I was 10cm! The doctor barely got there in time! When she got in the room to check me she looked and the baby's head was crowning!!! So I literally got in position and out baby came! The whole thing was pretty intense!

This was much different than my delivery with Marshall. I was so tired by the end of it! I didn't really get to enjoy her after the birth because I was so tired. Jared and I could barely keep our eyes open! They experience was different but it was still wonderful and we are so blessed! We couldn't be more thankful for our new addition!

Mommy holding Alice for the first time







Alice being feed for the first time!

No comments: