Saturday, February 1, 2014

Disney Times 2

I the past two months we have been to Disney 2 times! Yes I know my kids are very lucky and blessed. Jared and I planned our family vacation in December to Disney. It was so much fun to get away. The kids were so amazed by everything we saw and did. We went to all 4 Disney parks while we were there. We got to do a lot of the rides that we wanted to do. Alice was too short for a lot of things but Marshall could ride most of the rides. Jared took him on Splash Mountain for his first ride. He loved the ride but wasn't a fan of getting wet especially since it wasn't too warm out. Alice loved all the ride she could ride but her favorite was the teacups. She was just giggle the whole time! We also went to a water park one day (the only day warm enough). However, I got very sick and had to leave Jared and the kids to have fun while I was sick in the hotel room. (The joys of pregnancy.) My favorite thing we did while we were there as a family of four was Mickey's Christmas Party. I have been to Disney many many times but I had never been during the holidays. Let me tell you Disney did not disappoint! It was fabulous seeing all the Christmas decorations, lights and trees! During the Christmas party everyone got unlimited hot chocolate and cookies while the park stayed out late. They also had a special Christmas parade with Santa while it SNOWED on Main Street. Let me tell you it was so incredible. The kids were exhausted by parade time but this momma's heart loved every minute of it! We had lots of fun but it was an exhausting trip! 

As I mentioned we went back in January as well. This time it was a special surprise for my mom. She is turning 50 this year and my dad wanted to do something special for her. She has been wanting to go to Disney with the kids since they were born. With two babies coming this year (Abbie's and mine) it seemed like it was now or never. So Dad had everything planned out. Mom and Dad already had plans to be in Florida in their new RV and were meeting my grandparents for a week so it worked out perfect. Abbie and my family all flew down there to surprise her (Gabe can later in the week). Dad had made reservations for us to meet at a restaurant. Mom was so surprised when she saw us walk in! It was so much fun. 

We went to all the park and did all the rides! It was great to have so many hands to help with the kids this time around. Jared and I even got an evening alone! We also went to Universal Studios one day. That was much fun! Marshall absolutely LOVED it there. They had so many cool rides he loved. And this momma got to go to see the Harry Potter part of the park. I have been wanting to go there since it opened! It was so great but so crowded! I can't wait to go back to I can ride the rides! It was a great trip with so many memories. I am so glad we all went together as a family. It will be a trip we will always remember.






Alice wasn't sure about this because she was scared of all the characters. But we had to get her picture with Alice in Wonderland!


Dumbo! I love that Abbie is in the background

Dumbo again!


Alice with Minion glasses

Marshall and Daddy with a Minion after the Despicable Me ride

The two law enforcement guys and their friend :)

Dad had to get a donut

Had to get Butterbeer at Harry Potter!

Star Wars!


Buzz Lightyear Ride



Everyone (minus Gabe) at Epcot

No comments: