Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One of Those Days

Today has been one of those days where I am just running through the motions. Marshall has been getting up so early this past week (like between 4-5am) and it has started to take a toll on me. His nap schedule is unpredictable and he is so grumpy most of the day. I am hoping that this is all due to the teething that he is going through, but I'm not sure. So as he is grumpy all day it throws our plans totally off and we end up staying at home (which is usually where Marshall is the grumpiest). It just seemed like nothing was making him happy today and it just wore my out.

It is days like these when I need a girl friend to lean on. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband. He is my best friend, but if you have noticed he is a man :). Sometimes he just does not understand my perspective or my mood swings. This is when I wish I had a girl friend to just call and talk with. Don't get my wrong I have several friends in my life, but I do not have that "tell everything" relationship with anyone (besides Jared). I have grown apart from many of my good girl friends from high school. Our lives just went in different directions, life happens.

I keep thinking that God will place someone in my life that can fill this place, but it hasn't happened yet. I know that he always has a plan, but sometimes it is difficult. I wonder if I am not open or trusting enough with new people in my life in order to allow a relationship to grow. I know I have trust issues (I am trying to work on it, but that is another story for another time), but I can't help but wonder if I am just not a good friend in other people's perspectives. I need to work on these things in order to find someone to relate with. I know it will come in time, but it is days like this when I wish that time was sooner than later.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh girl I hear you on this one. Just know that I am always here if you need to talk, vent, or unload! I have had many many of those days with Liam and I know how good it feels just to talk it out with someone else.

I too have grown apart from many of my friends. I am still close to one but all the rest of us went different directions and just seem to be at completely different stages of life right now which makes it even harder.

Megan Templeman said...

Thanks Sarah. I appreciate that. I'm sure it is more difficult for you since your family is not close. I'm always here as well.

Sara said...

We have all had these days and it is hard to get past them. I hope today was better than yesterday. If you ever need anything I am here! Even if Marshall is grumpy you can bring him over and he and Sage can be grumpy together. And we can chat while they play:)

Bev Johnston said...

Megan,
I'm sorry things are tough right now. It is amazing how much a lack of sleep can make everything seem even harder!

I'm always surprised when I meet people that have maintained friendships from high school. I have a couple but we don't talk all the time and they feel more like acquaintances now than close friends. I'm sure it is even harder for you because you are at a different stage in your life than most of your high school friends (which you know I totally think you made the right choice starting your family early). I'm in the opposite scenario, I waited longer than most of my friends. Your friends will catch up though and you are probably the first person they'll turn to when they do. Relationships take time and with you being in a new stage of your life those new relationships will take time to develop into "pick up the phone and vent" relationships but they'll get there!

In the meantime, I'm sure it is obvious from the comments that you have plenty of us you can vent to. We love you and Marshall so you can bring it to our house anytime!

Love,
Bev

S. Garrison said...

Megan,

I am a little late on this, but as Bev said, we are all here for you and I believe that we have all felt this way at some point or another.

I think that is one of the reasons I am so thankful for baby jam and the amazing women that I have met through it.

Please lean on me whenever you need to - I know I am not around as much as everyone else, but I am always willing to blow off work for a lunch or a good talk.

Love,
Sarah G.