Saturday, May 7, 2011

The End of a Journey

Yesterday, I ended a journey that I started when I was still just a girl. I was at such a different place in my life than I am today and thinking back I'm pretty sure that I had no idea that I would be where I am now. My life has gone through some very difficult times and some miraculously wonderful times. I have gone through deep sadness, pure joy, heartache, love, loss and birth, but it has all lead me to the place I am at now. It has been a long, hard journey that I am so grateful to have gone through.

As I think about my college journey, I don't think of it just as an academic one but as one that shaped my life. You go through so many changes during this time in life that it is hard to just talk about academics. My college experience was by no means conventional but it worked for me. Over these 6 (yes 6) years, I have grown into myself and have truly found happiness. I have learned so much in all aspects of life and even though at times I wanted to quit I am so glad that I made it to the end. I'm not sure what I am going to do with that very expensive piece of paper that I have earned, but I know I will figure it out. And even if I don't end up using that degree, I am glad to have it because I would not be where I am today with going on this journey.

No comments: