Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finding Balance

I know it has been a while since my last post, but things have been a little busy around here. We are still in transition mode. I have been having a hard time getting used to things. I am so horrible without sleep and I am not getting much of it. I was doing great when Jared was still at home, but when he had to go back to work I found myself lost. It was so overwhelming having two little ones to take care of by myself!

Marshall has become very jealous of my time. When I can't stop and give him what he needs he has a meltdown. I know this is not unusual behavior when a new child comes into play but it is difficult. I am having a hard time finding a balance of my time and attention between the two of them. Alice requires a lot of time feeding, burping, changing and rocking. And because I spend so much time doing that with her I usually put her in her swing or bouncer when she is not eating so I can play with Marshall or get chores done. But I feel torn by this because I am not getting to enjoy her as much as I did when Marshall was a newborn. I know that I will figure things out but it is hard for me right now. I want to do the best I can and sometimes it is difficult to know what is best.

On a lighter note here are some new photos for you to enjoy :)






No comments: