Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Marshall is 2!

Today my son turns two! I can not believe that this is possible. Where has the time gone? My little baby is now a little boy. It is so bittersweet. I am sad that he is growing so fast, but it is also exciting to watch him grow into his own.

Marshall is so much like his dad. He has started picking up Jared's mannerisms and facial expressions to a tee. It is so funny to me to see those come out in him. It just makes me smile. He is so determined and independent at times and then in a flash he will be so attached to me. He is definitely a momma's boy (which I love most of the time). I do hope that he will get through this attachment period though. But I do know there will be a time when I wish he would still want me to hold him.

I am just so amazed at how much he learns everyday. He picks up on things that I never thought he would (both good and bad). I love that I can have conversations with Marshall now. He loves to talk and ask questions. Curiosity is growing in him. We are working on colors, shapes, and letters. The iPad is one of Marshall's favorite things. He has lots of educational apps to learn from.

Marshall is officially in his big boy room. He still wakes up most nights, but we just put him back in bed. It usually takes a couple of times but he goes back to sleep. Marshall is waking up most mornings around 7am and going to bed at 8pm.

The big thing in our house is Thomas the Train. Marshall just loves everything about it. I love to watch him play with his trains. He has developed such an imagination. He is so creative when he plays. It just makes me smile.

As Marshall becomes a little boy, we begin the journey of becoming parents of two. I know that in the blink of an eye my little baby girl will be turning two. It just makes me realize that I need to stop and enjoy this time more. I need to not be caught up in all the little things and enjoy my babies while I can.

No comments: