Getting our Christmas tree was quite an adventure this year. It all started because I had the genius idea to try out a new place to get our tree. Jared and his family have always gotten their trees in Greencastle. The tree farm there is really nice and we always get a nice tree, but it is kind of far away. So I wanted try a farm that was a little closer to home. So we decided to try out a farm in Danville. Well we had gotten a lot of rain the few days prior to this. So when we got to the tree farm it was a mud pit! I'm not talked a little mud I'm talking we almost got stuck pulling in the place (in trucks) kind of mud. At the farm they take you out to the trees in a wagon pulled by tractors (which Marshall loved). But it was so muddy that there were HUGE ruts in the field! So when we got out to the trees we were walking in a soggy slippery cold mess. Marshall and I were over it in about 5 minutes (I had tennis shoes on and my feet were soaked). So we went back to the gift shop. Jared, Alice and his parents stayed to find a tree. About 15 minutes later, they were back treeless! They didn't like any trees.
So oh course I felt horrible because this was all my genius idea. But we decided to make the trek to Greencastle. This was a success. Alice fell asleep on the way so I stayed in the car with her, but Marshall, Jared, Nana and Pa all searched for trees. They found two that they liked and chopped them down! And I must say we ended up with one good looking tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment