Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First Day of School

Today was Marshall's first day of school! I know it is a little sad for me, because it just reminds me how fast time is going by. I just know that in the blink of an eye he will be going to kindergarten and it will break my heart. But right now he is still my little man :)

Last night we went Marshall's open house to meet his new teachers and see his new classroom. Marshall was excited for Mommy and Daddy to go to school with him. He loved seeing all the new toys and he really liked seeing his buddy James! I was a little apprehensive about Marshall having new teachers because I loved his teachers from last year, but they seemed nice. I am sure I will grow to love them too.

This morning Marshall was excited to go back to school to play with all the toys. He was excited to use his backpack and lunchbox again. We got everything all ready to go in time for me to get a picture. Marshall was to excited to take any pictures. It was a battle for him to stand still because he was ready to go and he was all excited about his new shoes (Captain America shoes). But I got a decent picture out of him.

When we got to school he walked right in. I was nervous about him crying because he cried all year last year, but he surprised me! I showed him his hook to hang his backpack and his cubby to put his lunch box in. He thought that was pretty cool. After that he was off to the toys. He could care less about me. It kind of made me sad. I had to go give him a hug because he was too busy to come to me.

The teachers said Marshall did great! They said he didn't act sad at all. He even went potty and stayed dry all day! (He like telling me about the little toilet) I had to make him stop playing because he didn't want to go home. So I guess he had a good day :)



No comments: